Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Why Dard E disco?


After the last blog, a friend emailed me and asked me : Why name your blog Dard E Disco??
Strange no one else asked me. Anyways , I shall tell this story coz its...waiting to be told.
Did you see our SRK thrusting away in that song? Wasnt he something ? I am no big fan of his, but was totally blown away by how he reinvented himself in that song. A 40 year old man-with the 6 pack, all chiseled perfectly- as much as the camera must have worked on him, I am sure that he must have worked like a maniac to get that body- succesfully at that. In my opinion, it takes a lot of balls to do that- he made a statement like "There is no one like me, I am good , (wo)man & I know it'

What about me- well after a long long time in my life - probably felt it last when I was a baby, I finally feel that I dont need to constantly prove myself to people around me. I finally feel confident about WHATEVER I do, I finally feel that my house is OK, my life is OK, my looks are OK ( actually more than that), my hubby is OK, my kids are THE BEST, my parents, sister all are OK, my maid is OK ( thats a big one) , my job is OK etc etc- and whats more I feel like standing on the roof of my 15 floor building and shouting- Hey guys , I have had this epiphany- I AM OK. Like Really OK. ' So I started writing this silly blog - rant and rave whatever. I really dont need to put a personna any more- I can bare it all- still figuratively though and tell the world : 'This is me people' happy, sad, anxious, disappointed, whatever- I am OK.

Dont you want to toast to that ?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm raising my Pina Colada to that. Cheers girl !

Tanuja Prasad Ranjan said...

That's a cool one... I don't know why but this "ok concept" has been haunting me for a couple of weeks now.. great blog Bhavna! I can do with some more...bring it on!!!!

deepa ravi said...

bravo gal! cheers to that. i realized after you said it that this being viewed as 'OK' by others is so important to us that we stop doing it for ourselves. Hmmmm. You've got me thinking. So cheers to that!

Deeps

Ravi Kodukula said...

This one in writing, is much more potent than when you shared it with me on the tarmac at IGI...

While the current you is OK, I am sure you would want to bare more about the 'reinventing' you, some time soon...

Let's see that happen... you deserve it for yourself... and it's OK to find yourself again...

Bhavna said...

Its such a liberating feeling- that one only wonders- as to why one didnt do this earlier?

Unknown said...

I really did not know this! Your writing gets better by the day as they say Wine gets better by the years.......congrats woman! for a whole new life and a Whole new Beginning - lots of fun (friends (goodlooking men) and freedom after all!

Followers