Thursday, August 7, 2008

DISAPPOINTEMENT

I can never get the spelling of disappointment right- NEVER. I always have to rely on spell check or hope that the other person reading is not finicky. I wonder if that’s some sort of indication of my nature as well ? I rarely get disappointed for long; I have a way working myself out of it. Every damn time, I see some stupid silver lining, cling onto that wispy trail and unfailing climb out of any potentially depressing situation. Then I get ridiculously flippant and banish my sadness away with my Mama’s favourite line ‘ Its all for the better, beta, God is Very kind and has a better plan’ ( mostly a couple of Snickers bars , beer and a good pedicure work better than God’s plan ).

Well people, God and neither you are very kind. Now I can accept and understand that God apparently doesn’t know his way through the complexities of the blogging world but all you educated , well meaning people – is it so difficult to leave a comment on the damn blog? The instructions are written in simple, easy to understand English and I do know (from all the email comments that I receive) that the intentions are there too. So if the performance matrix - combination of commitment- competence, (trainer funda finds it way …) is in place, what is the problem? Let me give you a sample of some:

· Hubby dear – I want to write something serious and not frivolous, I promise I shall soon. . he hasn’t read my blog for the last 15 days, he is treading on VERRRY dangerous ground( he therefore is not on my current ‘People I like’ list, he falls out of that list pretty often)
· Old batch mates – O I love reading your blog, especially the Dard E disco part, you are so honest … will comment soon (I have atleast managed to prove a point to them, don’t ask me what? I am still figuring it out)
· Little sister – Come on ya, your last few blogs have been so serious, so boring.. ( coercion of the ‘I am your older sister’ and you better love/respect me kind – has resulted in a few comments) Behna-I hope u are happier with this one.
· Society best * friend – Which one do you want me to comment on? ( wail , bahhh … o please- ANY actually each one will do..)
· New colleagues (especially team mates)- Bhavna, you write so well, ( I ask- so what do you think about Policies- they stare back blankly at me )
· Old friends – arre what nonsense you write about- why don’t you write something more intelligent like Leadership training ( Why do you think that I took up Leadership training in the first place- its no rocket science and is completely apt for a stupid fool like me )

Every day- I open my blog site, DARD E DISCO, with great hope (an old found friend has been telling me quite vehemently these days ‘expectations create complications and disappointments’ yes I AGREE.. ) and face disapointment (damn the spelling) EVERYDAY. The begging with friends has led to those ikka dukka comments, but I stand where I was… Apparently the average, random blogger still does not find my writings amusing /interesting/thought provoking or has still not discovered me or my entertaining writing. ( If I had an anonymous blog maybe I could have posted a ‘daring ’ picture of one of these adult movie stars under ‘Profile’- cant post mine, people would be run away).
But…. All my friends, fellow bloggers, colleagues, new friends, people I hardly know but I mark this email to … I know you’all love me or my writing – I believe it makes you laugh, some of the women say that I could become a some woman lib person, some of the other people say- that some things I write are quite sensible ( the boss does a fantastic job of constantly motivating me) , others say that I can pen my thoughts quite well and I have good flow (J) .. most of the times the blog atleast entertain them. Also- 2 of my best friends* ( *we women have a lot of best friends- they fit into different categories) who are writers have dependably given me strong support, encouragement ( Apparently I have the neurotic thinking of a writer.. THAT’S a COMPLIMENT, as she painstakingly explained to me )
So despite the dispointment (damn!) I have found a silver lining as usual- I have rediscovered a new me after I have started writing- what a fantastic way of communicating, connecting and reaching out to many people .., So because I know that most of you like my ranting – please find yourself honored to receive my email blogs ( there must be some appropriate term coined for this) once again.

I will not let my only independent creation die down


Cheers!!
I have no clue as to how to handle Dard e Disco , advice is solicited or time will tell..SRK yeh hasina, yeh neelampari …Haaye Dil Mein Bechainiya Hai Bhari, what advice do u have, I can be available in person for any words that you may utter…

4 comments:

Susmita said...

Well, this one really guilt tripped me to post a comment...not that I have been lazy enough to not do this earlier, and was waiting for the satirical verses to really coaxe me into doing this...
My life at this point can be summarised by a fella friend's greeting, with a plaintiff 'boudi, ei to jibon'...only both of us can relate to the innate feelings of the lines....and maybe if u happen to be a bong, u could relate to the lines as well, maybe remotely, cos u really have to feel the latent meaning of the lines that comes directly 'dil se' as u may call it!
Having said that, let me come to the subject, disappointment. Although I seem to get the spelling right 99.9% times (leaving the buffer cos I am not perfect, and need to leave scope for improvement always),the word seems to be ubiquitiously hanging on my shoulders, following me like a shadow....and am sure this is the story of most of our lives, unless u r a die hard optimist, who is unscathed by any disappointments in life. We are perpetually struggling and battling our depressions, and I guess that is the mantra of survival, else u may get consumed in pessimissm and may be pushed to the brink of getting suicidal. And I completely believe in the age old adage, 'jo hota hai sab acche ke liye hai'..that kinda helps get over with disappointments in a jiffy...And as a wise man said, it's never about treading cautiously and never falling, but rising up every time u fall!!
So borrow from other's wisdom and send the baggages of disappointment packing off....

Cheers for a great weekend ahead

Unknown said...

Shruti had to.......

Ooops.. how the hell did I miss out on posting one, thinking multiple times I would, for I always intended. This came hitting bad.. uufffhh. How could I escape this time. Here I go finally........... while in the midst of policies & processes (I hope you understand if I am not able to do away with the typical jargons that I am entangled with........)I always thought of dropping in a line for you, but the damn thing didn't seem to find a way out.. I guess it did finally.

I haven't been a great blog reader ever before untill I came in here, the first that made space in my inbox was my Boss's, so I didn't have a choice but to read :, I trust you won't tell this to my boss untill he happens to read, while posting a comment for you after knowing your disappointment,(Boss, I beg your pardon here ...) and then your's....... well the best thing about them is that they don't circumlocute too much.. hit the nail.... message stands out so clear and the topics you pick our quite interesting.. and then your opinion on them sound so fearless.
I am still waiting for that masala topic to come in shortly from you (unless you have decided not to post it...)

gracearthurr said...

You do have a very unique way of penning down your thoughts.You mentioned that you always find a way out of disappointment,that's a great quality of determination(No wonder you got a very high score in your personality test esp. in the positive attitude area).



Great stuff

Ravi Kodukula said...

Bhavna.

The world always seems to conspire against the persistent...

Don't you worry... while I learn of dogged optimism from you, you and I will learn to live with the occasional 3-4 comments for every blog that we post... at least for the next few posts...

And yes - as Sus says (if Sushmita can be Sush like Aishwarya is Ash) - 'ei to jibon' (well - I confine the 'boudi' part to the 'fella friend')... c'est la vie (such is life), Bhavna... till we discover the next life full of blog commentors, L&E policy writers and people like me who genuinely apreciate your effort...

Shruti, Grace - get back to work please...

Cheers!

Followers