Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blogomania

Ahem,
After a year of being here, I am finally managing to get the hang of the blogging world. Takes me back to a basic principle of life that I learnt a looong time ago- The more you give, the more you get. So the thumb rule, we operate is on, dear girl ,is to visit other blogs AND leave a comment. And then the other one I learnt in corporate life : its not about performance alone, its about perception and image. U gotta tell your star stories sometimes. Its all about community, a brotherhood, a sisterhood, a peoplehood who are tied together for a common cause: to create a cacophony by ranting all they want. Only the cacophony is silent; punctuated and interrupted by some pertinent issues coming up, some strange inexplicable bonds and lyalties being formed. And I"M LOVING IT!!!
But Ahem, here are some hard facts that I am trying to grapple it. ( And I do work in an IT company but technophobe is the word for me). So please help, you much more arrived people.
1. How does one keep a blogroll? ( I am trying but cant figure out the link)
2. How does one monitor the hits ( I am trying but where is the 'button')
3. How does one efficiently manage one's time in the blogging space ( considering I can devote about 30-45 mins everyday) ( And I am obsessed about being planned for everything I do)
4. How does one change a banner to suit one's own purpose? ( there only seem to be standardized formats, layouts) hence my blog looks like how I start looking when I have piled on the kgs : desperately uncoordinated except that one has put one hazaar effort in getting the ensemble together. And the fat ALWAYS shows!!

Any other useful hint ( Mummy ke nuske would be mucho appreciated)


5. So please please some kind person, please offer some simple , simple suggestions. (Eg : First see the top panel of your screen, do u see something blue & white, OK. Do u see the word layout written there)...u get the drift?
This is a personal cry for help...

Btw- wanted to thank MadMommahttp://themadmomma.wordpress.com

Mindspacehttp://tarabhatt.blogspot.com

JottingnMusingshttp://jottingsnmusings.wordpress.com/

5 comments:

Tarantismo said...

1. Still figuring this out myself :)
2. To monitor hits - you can open a google analytics account.
http://www.google.com/analytics/
Just add your blog in there and soon you'll have a report of who's reading and how many are visiting.. Quite addictive.
Let me know if you have trouble setting it up. It is pretty user-friendly.
3.Efficiently manage time? these are alien expressions to me.
4.If the banner you want to put up is a picture, then I know how to change it. Login to your blog. Choose Layout tab. Then choose Page Elements. You should see a skeleton of your blog. Now click on the place where the banner is. And a separate window should open up. You can insert an image of your choice using this window....
Hope that makes sense!

BlueMist said...

Honestly. wordpress is for you. Everything is ready to use. just matter of drag and drop. just a suggestion. not that I am not ready to explain your doubts. :)

mindspace said...

Hey I thought u are a pro at it already,. anyways, exactly same kind of questions i had when i started with.. i have answers to few and rest i am not bothered to figure.. its easier to explain in a chat so u can prob ping me here tarabhatt@gmaildotcom

n what is the thank you note for? its my pleasure already but i am wondering.. :P

bhavna said...

Thanks all for helping. Will try the options, though am honestly considering moving to wordpress. just have had some (not so nice) busy days!

Anonymous said...

Phone me and sit with me before the computer. I shall hold your hand while we muddle along.
Cheers

Followers